Thread: My Latest Guitar Project

My Latest Guitar Project

My project this spring has been to put together a garage workshop with the goal of building a few solid body guitars.

This link is a journal of the process and has the beginnings of the The Texas Telecaster project...my first guitar in the new work space. I am just getting to the glue up stage but there are some 2D and 3D visualization pictures and animations so you can see what I am aiming for.

www.crenshawweb.com/texastele/texasteleproject.htm

Comments welcome and I will be making updates weekly, time allowing.

Peace,
    Mark

That is one fantastic undertaking. Love the that style and the flag idea is super great.
    I'll be looking for your progress.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

The Texas Tele Update 5-17-09

The top wood is resawn, planed and glued up. The routing templates are in the making and soon I will be profiling the body and neck. Followed by carving the top. The site has been divided up into pages that are easier to navigate and some new pics are up under "The Guitar" and "The Routing Templates"

www.crenshawweb.com/texastele/texasteleproject.htm

Peace,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 05-17-2009 at 4:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROY DICK View Post
    That is one fantastic undertaking. Love the that style and the flag idea is super great.
    I'll be looking for your progress.

Roy

Hi Roy. Thanks.

I have taken some heat from other players about the flag theme being played out and tired. It's good to know others see the uniqueness of the design.

Peace,
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Great plans and work so far. One question: How to do you get by calling it a Telecaster? Isn't that a brand name for Fender?

Hi Jim.

Sure, it's a brand name of Fender...but it's more of an adjective than a noun in this case. I would never market it under that name.

Peace,
    Mark

Mark, you do nice work.
    ----

Please do note that at SMC we prefer that you upload your pictures to our server so that they stay with the thread into the future. What you might want to do is upload a few here into your thread(s) and refer to your more detailed pictorials (which will be allowed since you have no ads) if members wish to learn more.

There are instructions for uploading and displaying photos at the top of the Forum Technical Support Forum.

Regards,

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...