Thread: Public Rudeness deserves Public Apologies

Red face Public Rudeness deserves Public Apologies

Recently I slighted Rich McComas in the woodworking and tools section. I asked for advice on a new tool I wanted to buy. I waited a couple of days, got no input and being the impetuous youth I am, ordered it through the SMC Amazon connection. I posted that I had ordered it. Then Rich posted a link to negative reviews of the tool on another web site that my research had missed. I accused him of carping and "spittin in the grits", seeing how it was too late for the advice to do any good.

Well, I was wrong on couple of levels. I got in touch with Amazon and the shipment was delayed so I was able to cancel it.

So Rich McComas, I apologize. I popped off at the keyboard a little too quick there.

Mark, it's threads like this one that may SMC the wonderful place it is.

Be well,

Doc

Mark....takes a big man to admit publically his mistakes....IMHO
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Way to go Mark! I've had to post a couple of public apologies myself. You did the right thing.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Think how well the world would run if everyone showed class like this.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Thumbs up Mark, you are a standup guy.

You just provided a model for the rest of us.
    Best Regards, Ken

Blog Entries
    I've definitely stepped in it before so you're not alone. And I hope I have always quickly apologized once I became aware ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

This thread wasn't intended to elicit favorable comments. I think I was already in a bad mood on that day. I vented on someone who didn't create the mood. I behaved like a jerk. Let's let it rest at that.