Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most ridiculous thing i've seen in years

The most ridiculous thing i've seen in years

Ebay item # 130306626029
    There is a guy asking 1500 dollars for a sweetheart era #1 you could buy a very nice infill for that I get aggravated seeing people trying to make a fortune off something like that!
    Last edited by Justin Cavender; 05-15-2009 at 9:45 PM. Reason: typo

He's not hurting anyone by doing that.
    If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it.

I'll sell you any one thing I own for a million dollars, act now and I'll give you everything I own down to the clothes I'm wearing for only two million.

I'm serious, though I don't expect anyone to take me up on the offer. You have no reason to be mad at me for making such a fool's offer. At most, if you thought I really hoped for success, you would have every right and reason to mock me.

All I am saying is its not the holy grail but your are right Tim although he is offering free shipping lol.

When I search that # I get "Green Emerald White Gold GP Ring Lady Jewelry Size 7/O"
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

sorry 130306626029

Honestly, I've seen them sell for more.

It's not so bad, I guess. Look at # 180355684468. Starting price of $9.99, in one day it's already in the $1400 range. As long as they are willing to pay that kind of money, I'd say let them.

I had no idea that they sold for that much what makes it so special?

Supply and demand.

I don't think anyone believes they're all that special in regard to function. Collectors buy them.

They're expensive for the exact same (somewhat silly) reasons that early unopened Star Wars action figures are expensive.

Actually, I think the inexpensive MujingFang planes we're both fans of are better performers than any Stanley's.
    Though I must admit I've never used a #1, nor for that matter any other sweetheart Stanley.
    Last edited by Tim Put; 05-15-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Cool looking plane. If I had a few mil laying around, I'd buy it. Seems like its headed to go for over 2k with bids around 1500 and 8 days left.

I don't see anything wrong with the price. The seller's got a rare tool worth big bucks. Is he supposed to sell it for a buy it now price of 200$??

ps

I sold one at the last Early American Industries meeting here,that had been broken across its body at the throat.Everyone knew it had been repaired.I showed them the restoration. It still had the Stanley decal on the handle,must have been dropped early on. A guy offered me $700.00 for it,which I accepted. Saw several at their flea market for twice that much,and not minty,either.

Tim I have a sweetheart Jack and there is nothing more special about it than my type 17 jack I guess they can spend it however they want it is there money

I'm sure unsuspecting seller(s) had sold No.1 with Buy It Now for less than $100 at some point in the past on eBay.

Apparently the price of No.1 is such that there are some fakes floating around.

Blog Entries
    The second one looks better than the first one.

The first one has a cap iron and blade mismatch.

Can not tell on the second one if the blade is date correct.

There is nothing special about the #1 other than its small size. If a person wants a plane of that size, they would likely do better by buying an LN #1.
    Of course, if one came my way real cheap, I would likely buy it and use it.

jim