Thread: Phone numbers

Phone numbers

Does anyone know what the phone numbers 999-999-9999 and 000-000-00000 would mean? The last one is not a misprint. It is eleven zeros. I found them both on the caller ID. I redialed the first one and a recording repeated my phone number. When I redialed the second, there was no ring, or busy signal, just dead silence. I am guessing it is some kind of program to hide the real phone number.
    Last edited by David Freed; 05-16-2009 at 9:35 AM. Reason: Added info

It means you are about to die!!!

Did you not see "The Ring"?????

It what shows when spammers use blockers for their phone numbers and identification.

They could be calling from anywhere and blocking their identification.

If you pick up you'll have a pause where the hardware is waiting to detect and answer before patching through a real person. They call you and you have to hold lol.

Never answer those numbers. They are spammers.
    One good turn deserves another

The latest one is a car extended warranty scam. They block the number because they are pretending to represent your dealer but actually have no idea where you bought or whether you still have a warranty.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Was watching the NYC news and caught a story where some official got the Car Warranty call 6 times in one day, the last at a meeting on his unlisted phone.

He was forming a task force to "Bite" on the ads and with the Trade Commission track the CC use back to the source. And he said "Put them out of business"....

Good for him....

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    It means you are about to die!!!

Did you not see "The Ring"?????
    Didn't see that one. Those kind of movies don't really interest me, but I see the tv ads for them. If the boogieman wants to come after me, I'm liable to scare him.

To everyone else, I figured it was one of those kind of deals. There are a lot of phone calls I don't answer. If I do answer and it's someone I don't want to talk to, the lucky ones just get hung up on. I am definitely not the poster boy for phone etiquette. Everyone that knows me says I'm a really nice guy, but people that are bothering me don't see that.