Thread: Review – Krylon Exterior Wood Stain

Thumbs up Review – Krylon Exterior Wood Stain

Like a lot of hobby woodworkers, time in the shop is one of those things in life that you just can’t put a price tag on. With a wife and young children at home, the wood shop always ends up getting pushed to the end of my list. That being said, I am always looking for new and faster ways to get great results in my shop, in less time.

Krylon has a new product on the market that promises just that – a great exterior finish in less time.

So I got my hands on some, and put it to the test.

First of all, they were right. I sprayed on a coat of Cedar Exterior Wood Stain onto a pine picnic table that I built for my daughter in less than 10 minutes. This was about 3-4 times faster than the last one I stained with a brush, and bonus, no brush to clean after. The finish took a little longer than the “15 minute or less drying time” boasted on the can, but in all fairness, it has been raining here for what seems like weeks (probably only a few days, but still…).

Second, for those of you who have not tried the EZ Touch 360 Dial spray can, you don’t know what you are missing. I was able to spray both horizontally and vertically and get nice even coverage, which is handy when spraying something like a picnic table, chair, or even a planter.

I have only tried the Cedar color, so I cannot comment on the others, but as for the cedar, A+.

I would defiantly recommend this product to everyone from the hobby woodworker to the professional. Anyone with an exterior project to finish will benefit from the time saved using this product.

Jeremy Polk
    Bangor, ME
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-15-2009 at 9:25 PM.

Always nice to hear others experiences before I purchase.

Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the review. I am always skeptical of products that make things "easier" so glad to know it actually works.