Thread: Storing Band Saw blades and labling

Storing Band Saw blades and labling

I hang my band saw blades on a pegboard hook like many others. the only problem is how to you keep them from popping open when you don't want them to open, plus which blade is which......

Here is what I found to use and it really works very well, no opening when you don't want it and each blade is labeled to what it is.

Its the old Cable Cuff, the small ones, they clamp right on the blade and also have and area you can put a label on them. I got mine at the HD and I also use the larger ones for their real use to keep portable tool cord in order.

When I put on the blade I take the Cable Cuff off and hand it on the hook with the blades, now I know what blade is on the saw.

http://www.cablecuff.com/

P5218774.jpg
    Last edited by Bill Huber; 05-21-2009 at 2:37 PM.

Bill,

What department at Home Depot do you find these in? The electrical department?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Bill,

What department at Home Depot do you find these in? The electrical department?
    In both of the HDs that I go to they are hanging on the end in the electrical department where you fine the electrical tools.

Blog Entries
    Way to go Bill. I've got a few of these that I got as stocking stuffers or some such. I use them on cords and never thought about using them for BS blades. Great idea. I use metal binder clips and am always having to be super careful not to bugger the teeth. Cable Cuffs would solve that and the label idea rocks. Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 05-21-2009 at 5:02 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I use wire ties and attach the original label using a report binder clip. That way when I mount the blade on the bandsaw, I attach the label to the saw with magnets. These days, it's all I can do to remember what a bandsaw is, much less what blade is on.

This system has worked very well for me since I don't have to write anything down and I have all of the OEM info.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Way to go Bill. I've got a few of these that I got as stocking stuffers or some such. I use them on cords and never thought about using them for BS blades. Great idea. I use metal binder clips and am always having to be super careful not to bugger the teeth. Cable Cuffs would solve that and the label idea rocks. Thanks for the tip.
    Glenn, that is the same place I got my cuffs, they have been laying in a drawer for about 2 years.....

I have used the larger ones but the little ones just set in a drawer.... and then I finally found a use for them.

Blog Entries
    I use a twist cable clip to keep my bacd saw blades under control in storage.

They come in a variety of sizes and colors and will securely hold a blade coil with out the potential of damaging the teeth or coming undone. You can buy a box of 100 for a few dollars. Twist cable clipsI have obtained most of mine as samples.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute