Thread: driving me crazy

driving me crazy

Hi all, I have been tring to send art from berry basket pdf files from corel to my uls print driver. The file looks and behaves like a vector file in corel but end up in the uls driver as a bitmap. Sometimes part of an ungrouped item transfers as vector and the rest of the groupes are bitmap. I have even converted the pdf vector in corel to a bitmap and did a trace to obtain a new vector only to have the new vector transfer as a bitmap. grrrrrrr. and body have a clue wats going on here?

If you are raster engraving a image, it will come out the end at the laser as a bitmap. A vector image (colors, objects.. etc..) will raster after converting to a bitmap (which rasters) a vector file 'format' is usually chosen because it can be resized/shaped and still maintain smooth edges without the 'jaggies' seen in resizing bitmaps. Also vector images do not have a 'resolution' and engrave what ever Res. you output them at. Vector 'hairlines' are chosen when something must cut.. A laser will cut vector hairlines, and raster everything else.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

One other thing to check, is your line width .001", or Hairline.