Thread: Craftsman 22124 value

Craftsman 22124 value

I am considering selling my 22124 and picking up a Unisaw. The saw is stock with two exceptions. I installed a second cast iron extension on the right hand side to replace the partical board extension table. I also have it on a Delta mobile base with the extension to sup[port the table.

I was thinking of asking $600.00. Does that sound like a reasonable asking price?

Thanks
    Michael

2. It is worth no more or less than you can get somone to pay for it. With that being said, I wouldnt pay you anything over that. (I am a former craftsman ts owner, and now have a Delta Uni). You can usually find a used Uni for about that price around my part of the country. it would need to be refurbished but well worth the work.
    Last edited by Craig Nickles; 05-18-2009 at 2:20 PM. Reason: left out sentence

It doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I paid 900 for my zip code, and the current Steel City version is running close to 1100 brand new these days.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Blog Entries
    Since the fence is worth more than half of that, I would say it is a very good price for the saw if it is in good working order. Out of curiosity, what about it does not meet your needs?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thumbs up

Mine sold for $600 with a router table, ZCI, and 2 blades....no mobile base. Had 3 hits in the first 24 hours. $600 for what you described sounds pretty good to me....guess it all depends on who's looking at the moment. Good luck.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I sold mine for 600 with a mobile base.

It is a very good saw.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Out of curiosity, what about it does not meet your needs?
    I am not selling because the saw has not met my needs. I am relocating from NJ to VA and thought I might consider selling my 22124. I have a line on a used Unisaw in VA so selling the zip code would save me the shipping cost and give me some cash to apply towards a replacement.

Thank you all for your input.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roland View Post
    I am not selling because the saw has not met my needs. I am relocating from NJ to VA and thought I might consider selling my 22124. I have a line on a used Unisaw in VA so selling the zip code would save me the shipping cost and give me some cash to apply towards a replacement.

Thank you all for your input.
    Ah, you are a man who researches his options and chooses wisely. If I could do that deal in your situation, I would sure do it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler