Thread: Wooden Boat Show -- Pirate's Cove

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wooden Boat Show -- Pirate's Cove

A few weeks ago I happened to be in just the right place at the right time to go to a wooden boat show. Every year on the first weekend in May there is a wooden boat show at Pirate's Cove in Josephine, Alabama. I was visiting relatives in Fairhope on that weekend which is just a stone's throw away, and my brother-in-law told me about the show. We went to the show on May 2nd, 2009, and it was a pretty good time. Admission was only $5. Probably would have been more fun if we had our own boat to take, but it was certainly worth the short drive. Here are a few pics of some of the nice woodwork that I saw at the show. I'll be posting more pictures in this thread also.

After seeing all of these boats, I'm even more certain that I will eventually build some sort of wooden boat. I have a lot of projects lined up in front of that, but someday... I really have no excuse not to. The current president of my woodworking guild has built 11 boats and presented his most recent project at our April guild meeting. It was a 2-person rowboat that he built in about 4 days over the Christmas holiday. Of course, I'm sure it would take me a lot longer than 4 days to build something similar, but it sure would be fun. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera at the guild meeting so I don't have any pictures of his boat.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tim Thomas; 05-18-2009 at 2:41 PM.
    If I could ever finish working on my shop, maybe I could find the time to start working in my shop.