Thread: Trying to be creative

Trying to be creative

Advertising is just so expensive that I have been trying to get noticed in other ways.
    New England Cable News is a regional Cable news program. Their morninng Weather guy Matt Noyes has a weekly weather word contest.
    I donated an engraved pen and box to Matt for his contest, and got a pretty good spot in return.
    This is a link to the video of the spot.
    http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engla...242645206.html

Any other thought on inexpensive, or better yet free publicity?

I have had a pen making video on you tube for quite a while now, and still get hits from it.
    Michael Doyle
    Wooden Pen Works
    45 Watt Epilog Helix

Mike,

Congrats on that coup! Did you get any business from it?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Michael, brilliant! He must have mentioned your name on there several times and your web, can't think of a better way of getting noticed. Nice work on the pen too
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Good thinking, Michael, and a very effective bit of advertising! That much TV air time would have cost you a fortune. I like the little casual conversation at the end too, they really reinforced the quality and your name. It would be interesting to see if it worked as advertising is supposed to, 1% return?

Plus, if they saw your "real" work, they would be blown away if they thought the detail on that crossword puzzle was great.

Thanks for sharing, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I have done something similar to Mike. We have a local morning talk show on cable here... I put their logo on some coffee mugs that they use daily. We get mentioned several times a week. Next I will be embroidering shirts for them. I will try soemthing new every month for them if it keeps on working.

Also... we have several parades around this area every year. Many floats throw candy to the spectators.... I make some with my logo and a discount for goods with this wrapper.

We also screen print... so tee shirts cost me very little. If we have a float in the parade we come up with a cool design indicative to the event with our logo incorporated. The Tee shirt gun is always a big hit too!
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!

It's always good to donate some items for a charity raffle or auction.
    Especially to ones that draw business people or groups that can use your work in there companies

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Steve - I got an increase in local hits, but they were just window shopping - I hope they return for Fathers Day gifts.

Frank - I was surprised at how often my name and web site were used. I am curious to see if I get any additional plugs when the weekly winner is announced. Thanks for your comment on the pen

Dee - I thought the banter at the end of the spot was good too. I guess I'm not the "Red Carpet" type, because it felt a litte weird watching them discuss me and my work. On second thought, I bet I could get used to it.
    Michael Doyle
    Wooden Pen Works
    45 Watt Epilog Helix

Everytime i meet with a architect to demonstrate my products, i engrave a small office table name sign to her/his name.

It takes 10 minutes to engrave but they never forget my name.
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor
    felix compressor&airbrush

sawgrass sublimation system

Information is valuable only when it's shared.

Best exercise is the race itself-M.Schumacher.

It sounded like the guy wanted to keep it for himself. Great idea for some cheap advertising!