Thread: Dustroyer review

Dustroyer review

I recently purchased the Dustroyer for my saw, man what a great job it does on keeping all the sawdust from flying out of the back by the motor. Check it out!

dustroyer.com/catalog/index.php
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-22-2009 at 7:23 AM.

A piece of cardboard would work just as well, at less cost.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    I used 1/4" ply and rare earth mags when I had a contractor saw. The concept is sound however you want to get there.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Almost everything in my shop could have been made at home ... but it's nice to see this product on the market at a decent price point. I've been hearing good things about it ... probably because it's simple and it was made by a woodworker, for woodworkers!

Thats Great

If it works then mission accomplished. There have been many times I have bought or paid for something that after enough research I certainly could have built it less exspensively but on occasion a small amount of money spent only helps me be more productive.

Pretty slick. I wish it was around when I had a contractor saw.

I did the cardboard thing, it never worked that well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

This is definitely something I could make myself, but at this price, I'd rather buy rather than spend 3 hours making my own.

Eric,

I looks like you don't yet make one for my saw (the Jet JWTS-10JF). I see that you have a program for giving out a free version if provide measurements/etc.

How long does the turnaround take? I assume you probably want more than one person to provide measurements to corroborate them before going into production.

Thanks!

Peter
    PS- my saw is a bit older (painted the old blue color), but it shares the same model number as the new ones, so I assume not much has changed.
    Last edited by Peter Aeschliman; 05-21-2009 at 8:23 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong model # for my saw

8. I have one I made out of hardboard, and it does work well. I was looking at trying to make something out of cloth that would allow you to tilt the blade as well, but I haven't been able to "engineer" that.

That looks like a nice product.

Fortunately my Ryobi BT3100 has a blade shroud with built in dust port. It works pretty well. Same concept though. The Ryobi layout is different from a contractor saw as it is more along the lines of a hybrid, still belt driven, but everything inside the main saw housing...

I was seriously considering a Ridgid TS3660 when I came across the deal on my Ryobi. While I love my Ryobi, had I know the TS3660s were gonna get so cheap, and something like this was available... I might have chosen differently...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    This is definitely something I could make myself, but at this price, I'd rather buy rather than spend 3 hours making my own.
    This made me chuckle. At the price it is now my time is definitely worth more than 8.30 per hour in the shop. With the limited time that I can get in the shop it is a great product for a great price.

That's a nice product if you want to just order a part, install it when it arrives and keep on cutting. Thanks for the post.

Waiting for my in the mail...

After reading this post, I check around the net... I found a discount code for it and ordered it for my Delta 36-979. The site said it had one already ready for it. But Eric, the fabricator, emailed me saying someone else had to modify his to fit the saw because the motor power cord comes out the back of the saw.

Since I hadn't installed the motor yet (still in assembly phase) he ask if I take pictures of the the saw so he could redraw it. So anyone else needing one for this model TS will have the updated cutout for the power cord.

I have emailed him the pics of the installed motor and then he saw that the connectors for the cords would be in the same plane as the dustroyer. He asked if I wanted the hole larger for this, or if I wanted to modify the placement by moving it back so it would be a smaller hole. I opted to go with a smaller hole.

So I should be getting mine in the mail next week. Hopefully the saw will be completed by the time it gets here...