Thread: 100 K Garages

100 K Garages

The collaborative effort between ShopBot and Ponoko is now half live. at www.100kgarages.com and the blog can be found here www.100kgarages.com/wordpress

The rest of the site will be unveiled next week at San Mateo Maker Faire.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Hey Angus,
    Keep us posted and take LOTS OF PICTURES so you can post them here so we can see what we missed. Have a great time out there.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Did you check out the pics Mike? there in the Maker Faire-09 Thread

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes I did. Thank you.
    Did you take them or did someone else post them? hoping to see more of the meat & potatoes of the CNC aspect. Are they going to do more than dog houses, kids playhouse and dinos?
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

That was just 14 pics of the 367 I took of the whole show.

Right now do to the major differences in codes and requirements around the country, they are limiting the designs to 'back yard' structures. But any design is doable all anybody has to do is create their design in Sketchup upload it to their translator and it then goes off to a fabricator near you to be cut and shipped to the customer. For the moment the translator only outputs .SBP files, but in the future it will begin spitting out protected .CRV files so you can set your own tool paths but not be able to modify the design which provides protection for the designer.
    Everything is still in Beta, I have uploaded modifacations to both the playhouse and the Artisits Studio which I'll be cutting and putting together in the near future. That's Physical Design Co.'s Plan www.physicaldesignco.com

www.100KGarages.com however is a colabortive effort between ShopBot and Ponoko.com where the designer and fabricator work closely together on a desgin without an intermedary. Basically a simple job board is all it will be at first, but coming later in the year Ponoko will be putting in place a system called 'Easy Cut' at which time both companys will have an involvement between the designer and fabricator. As this develops further I'll keep every one posted.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]