Thread: Woodworkers Association

Woodworkers Association

Hey fellas! I will be moving to columbus, ohio in june, from madison, ms. There aren't any woodworking clubs around here and I know the north has a few of these. Are any of you guys familiar with any of the clubs. I would enjoy learning maybe to turn, make cabinets, watch some of the pro guys make projects and pick up a few pointers for the year we will be out there. Thanks for your help!

I don't know of any, but go over to Woodwerks (near the airport), drool all over everything and talk to the guys there. If there's a club, I bet they know of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they host it.

Great question, I have been meaning to ask the same thing for clubs in the Seattle, WA area, any info would be appreciated. Good luck, hope you find something.

Ever use Google? You would be amazed at what you can find.
    http://columbus_chippers.tripod.com/
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Lalonde View Post
    Hey fellas! I will be moving to columbus, ohio in june, from madison, ms. There aren't any woodworking clubs around here and I know the north has a few of these. Are any of you guys familiar with any of the clubs. I would enjoy learning maybe to turn, make cabinets, watch some of the pro guys make projects and pick up a few pointers for the year we will be out there. Thanks for your help!
    Kevin,

You might be interested in "Woodworkers of Central Ohio" (WOCO). It is a fairly large, very active group of pros and amateurs. They meet in Westerville, the next meeting is in September. More info on the web site http://www.cheiron.tzo.com/woconews/

Evergreen Woodworkers in Seattle area
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.