Thread: BCTW Saws?

BCTW Saws?

Now that I have some nice Japanese chisels in the mail (stealth gloat). I'm looking to upgrade my saws. At the moment I have a bandsaw for large rips, curves, rough cutting, initial crosscutting etcetera; a cheap disposable blade ryoba for even rougher cutting ; and Lee Valley's Korean steel-backed dozuki for basically all fine cuts and joinery.

Based on Christopher Shwarz's thinnest crosscut contest, the general reputation of BCTW as really nice and equally expensive, and the (for BCTW) surprisingly low cost of their saws: I'm looking at Bridge City. Does anyone have any experience with these? Recommendations for specific models? Another brand of similar quality for equal or lesser price?

Hi Tim,

I have a couple of the BCTW's saws. They are very good quality for the price. The handles are very comfortable if you plan on long sessions with the saw, and of course they look good . A saw that I like better though is Lee Valley's Rip Tooth Dozuki. I doubt you'll find a better saw in the price range. It's my go to saw for any rip cutting.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT