Thread: Entertainment Center DONE!!!

Entertainment Center DONE!!!

Here it is, my mission style entertainment center. Quarter sawn white oak, fumed finish, shellac, and wax. For something as simple as this was, there were a lot of firsts, but this was also the first project that I took pictures of all the way through. You can read about it here

Very Nice. If you would like the remotes to work, consider buyer an IR Repeater. Check them out on eBay or amazon for fairly cheap.

That turned out great. And thanks for the link to the whole build-up, that was interesting. I am working on a mission coffee table and am doing something similar for the legs.

I like these design to build to completed projects.

Very detailed procedure in your link Matt and nice end results. I like the drawer fronts that lift up and disappear into the carcass. I'm about to finish a computer desk-hutch that I wanted to do that with for the key-board but... it would have thrown the desk center where your legs go out of proportion having to drop the keyboard down further. And it would have to drop down too low for a keyboard and interfere with legs going underneath also... So... I dropped the idea.

I can relate to having to highly modify a piece to accomodate the modern electronic stuff and still make the piece and electronics compliment each other. I have been building carcasses for well over 38 years but this is the first I have done (other than entertainment centers) that had to have components in given place as prescribed by the client and the client is my wife who can be picky.

It's the biggest challenge I have faced building a piece as it was a PITA to arrive at a final result that worked and didn't look tacky with the combo of old and new.

Congratulations on the piece...

Sarge..

Very nice result! Matt, you did a great job on the documentation of the progress - I know how much time that takes!

I always wanted to try fuming, but the process looks to be tricky. Your project turned out looking great! And, the function is perfect.

very nice, i love the style.... so that is called "mission style" huh?
    fledgling weekend warrior

Nice job, very well done. Love the progress pics too!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Blog Entries
    Ooooooooo, I like it. How did I miss this yesterday? Very nice look, very nice work.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Wonderful piece....Thanks for posting.

Lookin' Good

Handsome. Very handsome.

Well done...Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.