Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The shoot out Mini CV06 vs. Dust Deputy

Mark,
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give Wynn a call. I kind of wanted to use the 35A just because of the diameter matching so closely with the Delta DC. Oh well. I guess a few mounting plates won't hurt anything.

2. my photos

Steve I have put my up and here is the thread that you can see the photos. Mine came with the temporary antigravity package and while my blower was up there I screwed it to the wall.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...73#post1180073

Harold

Does any one know the size of the drum Mark Carlson used in his conversion of his Delta 50-760. He uswd a Super Dust Deputy and a WYnn Filter. I love his setup pictured in his post of 07-05-2009, 4:45 PM and wish to copy it. Also, does anyone have a few years of experince now with the SDD and Wynn filter hooked up to 1.5 HP DC. Is there a noticeable difference in loss of CFMs?

Thanks,

Mike

My Super Dust Deputy came with the drum. I've used mine for about 3 years and have been pleased with it but have nothing to compare it against besides a single stage. I copied Mark's setup as well. It does need a bit of headroom. I don't recall the overall height, but 7' 4" seems to ring a bell.

5. NEWS FLASH:

This discussion is relevant for the Mini in its previous incarnation. The new Mini that is being sold and that I received today has all the makings of a cyclone but it lacks a bottom cone. It is odd. The top of the cyclone is there, the intake and the vane in a 6" cylinder, but there is no tapered cone. Rather, it uses a bottom plate baffle that has a short difuser of sorts and then relies on what I believe a jury of my peers would recognize as a separator baffle. I am going to send this concern to Clearvue and see what they say. I want to be supportive of this company but I did not look very closely at the new incarnation of the mini and assumed it was like the old mini. But it is not. Does anyone else have one and can comment. Maybe I am missing the other half of the unit.