Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little luck.

Congratulations Derek! It's very well deserved!

Good on ya! Congratulations, that brace looks great. Make sure you frame that magazine cover for posterity.

Congrats!! Thats got to be a great feeling!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Derek, BZ! Phil
    Philip

Congratulations, Derek. Your win is well deserved.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thank you all for your very kind words.

Having posted a picture of the brace here some months ago for inspection, I thought this news might bring a little closure for those that wondered what happened in the competition.

AWR magazine would not release the results to anyone, including the entrants - the were only available in the latest magazine .... and the edition came out the day after I left to visit my folks (who live in Cape Town) ... Murphy's Law ... so I had no way of knowing results until I returned to Australia a couple of days ago. In fact, they shipped back my entry a week before I left, and I just assumed - in the absence of any news from AWR - that I might get a little praise at best.

I am not sure how available AWR is in the States. Quality magazine. It covers a good range of topics - hand and power tools, furniture making, turning, reviews. I have had a couple of articles published (OK, so it can't be that good ). The latest one also has a review of one of Philip Marcou's smoothers, written by yours truly (this is a stupendously good read of course!).

Thanks again.

Regards from Perth

Derek