Thread: Ryobi 18 volt drill, charger and LiOn batteries on sale at Home Depot

Ryobi 18 volt drill, charger and LiOn batteries on sale at Home Depot

Hello,

At my local Home Depot, I just saw a Ryobi cordless kit on sale. For $99, they are selling a Ryobi 18 volt cordless drill, two Li/Ion batteries and a charger. According to the sign, this Father’s Day sale is a $199 value.

Has anyone taken advantage of this?
    Louis

For anyone who wants to breath new life into your One+ 18volt tools, the Li-ion batteries are fantastic. They are backwards compatible with all the older Nicad tools. They give more than 2x longer run time than the Nicads, dont lose power sitting on the shelf, are lighter weight, and have a nifty "gas gauge". BIG improvement.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    I really like many of my Ryobi one-Plus tools and have the li-on batteries. Thinking about purchasing this sale for the two extra batteries alone, which by themselves are worth the $99 price tag.

Don't know what I'll do with the drill though... I already have one that I hardly use now.. (Have a Makita Lithium Drill and Impact driver that I LOVE).
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Just got back from HD. The $99 & $129 sets include NiCad batteries, not LiIon ones. It's the $249 kit that has the LiIon batteries.

If you decide to get the NiCad $129 kit, note that my HD had two versions, one that included a vac & one that didn't. I assume the one with the vac is an older model kit, and don't know if there are differences in tool quality between them.

Mike,

Maybe at your Home Depot, they aren't doing the same sale as they are at all of my local Home Depots, but I can assure you that at my Home Depots, the $99 kit DOES contain two LiOn batteries, not NiCd.
    Louis

Be interested in the part # for the one you came across.

These are the two Ni-Cad kits I saw:
    http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18...mbo_kits/P841#
    http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18...mbo_kits/P824#

This is the LiIon one:
    http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/18...mbo_kits/P844#

Mike,
    No, none of those are the kit that I'm talking about. Maybe your local Home Depot isn't doing the sale. All of my local stores are doing it as a Father's Day sale, and they have a lot of them. The kits aren't shown on the Home Depot website, so if that's where you were looking, you probably won't find them there.

Hasn't anyone else on the Creek seen this kit in their local Home Depot?
    Louis

Mike,
    Here is a post from someone on another forum who just bought the same kit at his Home Depot (don't know where he was), but it's the same kit that I'm talking about.
    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?p=413860
    Louis

OK, thanks for the follow up

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I bought one of the kits today in Webster, TX. The HD in Kemah, Tx dfid not have any I could find. Did see the $129 package as well that include a recip saw.

One of the batteries is low profile and the other is regular - both Li-Ion plus charger.

Thanks for the tip.

Will any HD honor this price if someone posts a scan of the ad in question? I'm in need of Li-ION batteries for my set. Another drill would be icing.
    Deflation: When I was a kid, an E-ticket meant I was about to go on the ride of my life. Today, an E-ticket means a miserable ride.

There isn't an ad for this, at least not yet in my local paper. Maybe they will put this in an ad closer to Father's Day, but there isn't one there yet. As far as HD price matching from another store, my guess is that unless your local HD actually has the kit in their store, there won't be anything to price match.
    Louis