Thread: Couple of Workshop Organizing Questions

Question Couple of Workshop Organizing Questions

Hey gang,

When we remodeled the house, I had the builders pile up all the salvagable lumber outside my shop. I've been going through it, trying to pick whats keepable, and what will go into the stove next winter.

In the mix are a number of old wood panels that came down in pretty decent shape. The shop is currently cinder block. I'm wondering if I shouldn't go ahead an put the panels up on the walls of my shop and paint them white. My reasoning is that having even these thin wood panels up will be easier to use for wall storage that cinder block.

2nd, do any of you folks store your wood outside in an outside storage area? I had a decent amount of roofing material left over, and theres an area behind the shope that would be usable to store wood.

If you have any thoughts on this, please fire away!

Thanks,

Dell
    Living that Anne of Green Gables lifestyle...

My dad tore down a 10x12 shed that was in his back yard after he built a new shop. This was over 30 years ago in California. I now live in Michigan and am still using some of the flooring and a few actual 2x4s that were such good material I couldn't part with it. The lumber was some of the clearest, knot free pine I have ever seen. The lumber has never been stored outdoors.
    If I was going to store lumber that I know I want to use in the future I would make sure that it was protected from the environment.
    David B

I'm pretty sure I could do it so things are protected, heck I may even lay down a concrete pad. You can rent anything these days, and there is a decent amount of room behind my garage shop.

Ah dreamin'... as if I'm getting all my other projects done!
    Living that Anne of Green Gables lifestyle...