Thread: Scrubs and smoothers and project progress

Scrubs and smoothers and project progress

I posted on another forum and will just link for now. If the moderators don't like it, I'll repost rather than link.

Here is the progress on the project:

project progress link
    Tim

on the neverending quest for wood.....

Are those hand-chopped mortises (probably a dumb question in the Neanderthal Haven!?!) The cheeks look nice and smooth!

Looks good Tim. Did you move already? Let me know and I'll drop by to see what you are doing.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Perata
    Looks good Tim. Did you move already? Let me know and I'll drop by to see what you are doing.
    I'm still in San Leandro. My new house isn't slated to be ready until late winter/early spring. We just listed the current house last week. If we sell early, we'll move in with family in Dublin - but I'll likely have to stop any cabinetmaking since I don't think they'll let me take up a car's garage spot to set up a workbench and store clamps and other toolery.

Mark - those are hand chopped mortises...but I pare the sides after chopping most of the waste. Hence, the apparent nice smooth sides. Photos are great because they tend to conceal A LOT . Gaps and irrgularities that are glaring when looked at by eye disappear through the lens of a camera
    Tim

on the neverending quest for wood.....

Tim,
    Very nice project and great progress pics. Something I never seem to do...I am always in a hurry to finish. Really well documented and nice proceedure through the project.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"