Thread: Table

Table

Need advice on where i can get a table good for my laser? I have a Laserpro C180. Right now it is sitting on top of the venelation unit. It is shaky though. Would like a nice table where i can store stuff in the bottom and maybe even some drawers. Thoughts appreciated

Your profile does not indicate where you are located nor do you mention it in this post. It's rather difficult to help you without that information.

You can always build a table. That's what I did for my laser.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

What about those snap-on type tool trolleys on wheels? You get em in many configurations and many price ranges.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

My machine sits on top of an old flat file system. It is very sturdy and a great place to store material. Since architects have gone digital, you may be able pick up a used systems from them.

Cheers,
    Doug
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

I like the idea about the Snap-on rolling table. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker View Post
    Need advice on where i can get a table good for my laser? I have a Laserpro C180. Right now it is sitting on top of the venelation unit. It is shaky though. Would like a nice table where i can store stuff in the bottom and maybe even some drawers. Thoughts appreciated
    Joe,

Although I have not purchased it yet (am a Mac user and this is the only laser that I've found with a Mac driver) I have all the specs for the Laserpro C180, and have found that it fits perfectly on one of the roll around tables that I've made for my other shop tools.

I looked high and low on the internet for a good design for these tables using 3/4" plywood, that also had the drawers and storage capability that I was looking for. Being new to this forum, I do not know how to attach a photo or I would do so to show you what I've done in my shop.

I'm also currently on the road and do not have access to my office files or I'd send you an attachment with the plans for these roll around tables.

Check it out on the internet under wood working plans. There are a "number" of them out there.

Good luck!

Dave Garcia
    The Wood Block, Ltd
    -----------------------------
    Hawaiian rule: To be rich, make more or desire less!