Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Labor of Love.

nothing I can say that hasn't been said already.... words like "impressive", "stunning", "amazing", etc, come to mind.
    fledgling weekend warrior

Fabulous, absolutely beautiful. That's amazing. My wife was really impressed!!

Well Done!

Man, that is really something to be proud of.
    I hope you have that room well insured!

BTW, one of my childhood buddies was from Hinton, Alberta, a couple hundred miles west of you.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It's beautiful!

I'm embarassed but...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to say "wow, that looks better than my kitchen". Its beautiful!!! Rob Cosman better watch out, as soon as the Gary Ziimmel Dovetail DVD comes out, he's toast

That's awesome as are your tools.
    cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rector View Post
    Fabulous, absolutely beautiful. That's amazing. My wife was really impressed!!
    I'd never show something like this to my wife or I'd end up sleeping in the shop until I can produce something half as nice

If that's not a masterwork ...

Very nice!

Absolutely stunning display of craftsmanship and all the handcut dovetails just puts it over the top!

At the urging of several, Gary has entered this project in the Fine Woodworking contest for tool cabinets. I would urge fellow creekers to go to the site and give it a "thumbs up." If you are a subscribing member of the website, you can comment, as well.

I will post the link below, but if the mods feel that it is inappropriate, simply do a Google search for "fine woodworking cabinet contest" it should be the first hit. Click the banner ad across the page, and it will take you to the entries. Gary's is entitled "my neander haven."

This was a major project, involving hours of labor, substantial funds, and an unbelievable level of skill in the design, and execution - particularly with the beautiful dovetails. I encourage all fellow creekers to support this effort. I am not aware of another entry by a creeker, but if there is, then that one (or multiples) deserve our support, as well.

This is the link -

http://finewoodworking.taunton.com/item/15568/my-neander-haven

That's one heck of a fine looking shop Gary. Came along very well.
    Good job all around!

I just gave Gary a thumbs up and a comment. Being such a talented neander, I'm sure he'll give the prize to me for my valuable vote...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Blog Entries
    I was the 19th thumbs up this morning..... on my work computer... and #87 when I got home.... Come on Creekers... I know we can do better than that!!!

Actually.... Thanks John K! I would have missed it.

So are you building a shop, or a museum? That's really impressive. I be happy to have that much cabinet storage space in my shop, even if all the doors kept falling off.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

You got my vote Gary.....Outstanding!!

This is a Masterful Project -- a place of lore in the Creek...........

Gary you got my vote also, Man this definitely isn't Chicago you can only vote once.