Thread: Toolclad - magnetic cover ??

Toolclad - magnetic cover ??

Any one tried the toolclad magnetic cover for tablesaw's etc.

I want to protect my new, to me, jointer. I have in the past used Boeshield but I saw the Toolclad on woodcraft's web page. I wonder how good it is ?

Since they do not have it for jointers I was thinking one could cut the tablesaw cover or just use some magnetic sign material instead.

Michael

I have a magnetic cover for my table saw. Not sure what brand it is. I bought it from woodcraft. I like it a lot. It has prevented the problems that I have had with condensation. It is a nice surface to work on when your saw is not in use, and protect the top. I havent found one for jointers, but I have seen them for band saws.

Thanks for the comments about the cover. I'm quite sure it is the same brand. How is the thickness ? any good or is it 'flimsy' ?

I e-mailed the manufacturer and they say it is 0.030" and that it should be easy to cut if needed. I might check what magnetic sheet goods, like the ones for advertisements costs since I have to cut it anyway for the jointer.

Michael

Magnetic covers!!! Why didn't I think of that!

Thank you very much gentlemen, I believe you have just solved a big problem for me.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I would believe it is .030 thick. It is plenty thick to be durable for a long time. It does not seem to be flimsy at all. Mine is either on my saw, or stuck to the service door of my shop, when the cross cut sled is on my saw. It is not a cheap gimick item, it is a quality cover. As far as cutting it, a scissor won't cut it, but I bet a tin snips would work just fine. Or lay it down on a something and cut it with a utility knife.

I really like mine. I got mine at WC too. I have a very high humidity situation due to my aquarium hobby and the table would rust overnight. Now I it's always ready to go. I bought a second TS cover and cut it up, with a utility knife, for my bandsaw and jointer tables too. I highly recommend it.
    Robbie