Thread: ot computer

Question ot computer

some how I managed to get a yahoo toolbar on my computer. can't find it in the uninstall part of control panel. anybody know how to remove ?
    thanks, brent

In the future, watch out when you update Java. They usually throw on the Yahoo toolbar as part of the Java install package. There is a check box to remove it when following the install prompts, but it come checked by default.

thanks, I usually catch that sort of thing, but sometimes I'm not the one on the computer when it says "updates available" , but maybe I missed it .
    thanks again, brent

I just go to the top of the screen, click on view, click on Yahoo Toolbar to remove the check mark and it disappears. It is still there if I have the need to use it.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mann View Post
    In the future, watch out when you update Java. They usually throw on the Yahoo toolbar as part of the Java install package. There is a check box to remove it when following the install prompts, but it come checked by default.
    As a matter of policy never use the default install button. Always use the custom button and read what they want to sneak past you. If you just install blindly even the most "reputable" companies, like apple, will try to install things you never asked for. And then you will be wasting hours trying to get rid of it. Updater programs such as adobes' burrow themselves in deeper than a tic on a dogs backside.
    Last edited by Mat Ashton; 06-15-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    It's all fun and games till someone loses a nut.

I just noticed my flash update tried to install google toolbar. Don't you just hate when they try to sneak stuff onto your computer!