Thread: ULS Material/Setting cross reference sheet

ULS Material/Setting cross reference sheet

Hi All,

I have an older ULS VL200 with both the material and advance driver. When I print, I need to "choose" which driver(method) I'm going to print and can't switch between the 2 on the fly.

I notice with the newer ULS systems and drivers, you can switch back and forth between the materials and manual settings in one window. For anyone out there with this driver, when you are on the materials setting and tab to the advance driver, does it show you the current settings for that material?
    For Example, you choose "metal" - "Anodized Aluminum", then click on the manual settings, does it show you the speed/power/dpi for the "metal" - "Anodized Aluminum" material so you can tweak it slightly?

If so :-)... does anyone have a cross reference for all the materials in the ULS database? A text file, spread sheet, db or anything?

Sometimes I want to use the advance driver, but I'm not sure what a good starting point is for the material. It'd be nice to have a cross reference sheet for a place to start.

Thanks in advance!

I rarely use the materials side and almost always use the manual side, but I think the answer, if I remember correctly, is that if you select a material, and then print it, you can click on the manual tab and it will show the settings. It also cuts it down to 3 colors as well, so you don't have all the colors in the color mapping, but it does show the settings.

I don't have any database of their settings, sorry. It would all vary depending on your model/power.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Joseph,

What power laser do you have the 25 or 30 I do have what you want. Let me know what power and where to send it and I will.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mackenzie View Post
    Joseph,

What power laser do you have the 25 or 30 I do have what you want. Let me know what power and where to send it and I will.

Hi Mike...GREAT!!!

I have the 30W 12"x16" VL200

I PMd you with my email address.

Thanks!

Got it Mike....That's exactly what I was looking for!!
    Last edited by Joseph Tovar; 06-18-2009 at 7:22 PM.