Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Circular Saw ideas

Kyle,

I agree with you entirely concerning the worm drive saw, Excellent tool with great accuracy and I would not be without one on the job site in my younger days. That said, my arthitic shoulder complains a bit when holding 15lbs extended and unfortunately I'm not getting any younger. These days I'm trying to work smart and not hard so a lighter saw will more than likely get the nod.

Thanks,

Mac

Mac,

The Ridgid Fuego looks like a nice saw, I checked it out closely one time.
    One thing to keep in mind is the RPM - I believe it's a good bit faster than a typical circular saw. Probably beneficial in wood, but may not be good for some other materials.

Some Makita models are relatively light, and there is a Milwaukee with a great adjustable handle that looks like a top quality saw.

Good Luck,

Pete

Well guys, I sprung and bought the Ridgid today. I've a little Patio project I'm finishing for a client and need to remove some rafter tails while in place for reconstruction. The lightness & compactness of this saw should be of benefit here. After a couple weeks of use, I'll publish my roadtest.

Mac