Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Quasi-finished Shop

Chuck,

That is a great space you have going there! I wish I knew more about adapting tools / machines for those in wheel chairs. A late friend of mine was in a chair, and he did some of the most amazing projects mostly with hand tools, and this really nice workbench he built a long time ago... He outfitted his Ford Aerostar van as a wheelchair / camper and did as much travelling it in as he could. He kind of sparked an interest in various access issues since then.

I would love to see how you get everything finally set up. Solving the issues that life and our hobby presents us is one of the biggest parts of the joy of woodworking to me. But then again, I love solving all sorts of puzzles...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post

Oh, and Don, I haven't seen pictures of your progress. Have I missed them?
    Nothing new to report Jim. We will finally be moving to the house next Monday, so I'm hoping to be able to get the shop organized and operating soon. As I said in my last shop post, I have far too many "house" projects that are getting in the way of furniture building.

Chuck, I hope you'll be able to avoid all those kinds of projects and get your shop running soon.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Chuck, Is that 3 outlets together on the floor? How did you decide where to put them? Is there floor heat or are you planning something else? I like the windows.

Tim

The place is too clean. Make some sawdust for goodness sakes.

Nice looking area. You shouldmeke some fine projects in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Anderson View Post
    Chuck, Is that 3 outlets together on the floor? How did you decide where to put them? Is there floor heat or are you planning something else? I like the windows.

Tim
    Yes there are actually 4 outlets in each of the sets of outlets. 2-110V and 2-220V. The outsides are the 220V. The one in the middle is 2-110V. As for placement, I wanted to have two workstations. One is going to be my table saw with a full outfeed table that will kind of work as a workbench as well, and the other work area will be a jointer, planer, and bandsaw. I just kinda guesstimated the location. I hope that it works.

Chuck