Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shop Update

New Shop Update

Well folks, things have been busy around here. I am really coming along on the new workshop and garage. I think that the last time that I had posted they had just gotten the limestone down for the garage floor. Well I am happy to say that the garage floor got poured just before Memorial Day weekend. 17.4 cubic yard of concrete got poured to make my floor. It is amazing how quickly they can get that done. After that they finished up the framing and started roofing. The electricians cam in last week and did the rough in and got that finished in 2 two days. I got it inspected for both framing and electrical last week and passed with flaming colors!!! They finished up the roof today. The insulation folks came and prepped the place for blown in cellulose and will blow it in tomorrow. I will have the drywall delivered on Wed. to start hanging on Thur. They are also going to start siding the place tomorrow. I am hoping to get the garage doors in by the end of the week so that I can cut the hole into the existing garage. The I can start to fill the shop with tools!!!! Take care.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chuck....it's good to see you making rapid progress! It's amazing sometimes when you have a good contractor how fast things can go!

Congrats!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

man ... if that isn't a great start I don't know what is!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Chuck, your shop is looking great. Keep the photo's coming.

Sam

Looks like it's going to be a GREAT work area........
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Wow! That was fast. The shop is looking great.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

That looks very nice! Is there as much room as the inside shots make it look like? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Looking good Chuck.
    Regards,
    Al

You don't know, what you don't know, until you know it. http://www.woodworkforums.com/images...d/rolleyes.gif

Hey Chuck! You posted in another thread you have lighting installed. Where's the photos?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Hey Chuck! You posted in another thread you have lighting installed. Where's the photos?

Hey Ken, I have been slacking.. I am construction complete and now I am in the process of putting it all together. I have just recently gone on a bit of a spending spree and filled the thing with tools. I have a lot of bases and cabinets that I need to make. I think that I will get some photos up tomorrow. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats Chuck!

Would you mind if I talk military and wheelchairs for a minute?
    Ken

Congrats Chuck!

Would you mind if I talk military and wheelchairs for a minute?
    Go right ahead. I have a new thread in the process with shop pics..

My manager is a young man who graduated from West Point. Last June he returned from being in the Middle East for 2 years. He injured a knee and didn't return to work until this past February. He volunteered to coordinate for the very large corporation we work for and ....

The week of July 13th..the National Veterans Wheelchair Olympics are in Spokane, WA. I have volunteered to work Mon-Wed. I would have worked the entire week but my counterpart already had vacation scheduled. My wife will return on Tuesday and she's volunteering on Wednesday. I find you young warriors inspiring!
    Ken

My manager is a young man who graduated from West Point. Last June he returned from being in the Middle East for 2 years. He injured a knee and didn't return to work until this past February. He volunteered to coordinate for the very large corporation we work for and ....

The week of July 13th..the National Veterans Wheelchair Olympics are in Spokane, WA. I have volunteered to work Mon-Wed. I would have worked the entire week but my counterpart already had vacation scheduled. My wife will return on Tuesday and she's volunteering on Wednesday. I find you young warriors inspiring!

I hear that those games are a good time. I haven't been as of yet. I was planning on going but then some things came up and I never got around to it. I know quite a few people that will be there. Have a good time. Thanks for the help!!

That looks like it will really be a nice large workshop. I am so jealous and wish that I could have something that large. Please keep posting pictures so that I can become even more jealous. Maybe, I will show them to my wife and tell her I need a larger shop. I just hope she does not hurt herself laughing.