Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about a new TS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    . . . an Incra 1000SE miter gage at a $131.36 Buy It Now special.
    I recently bought a used Delta hybrid, and bought the Incra 1000SE miter gauge through Amazon. I love it, in fact I loved it enough to also buy the Incra TS fence. It almost cost what my saw did, $400 and $600 respectively, but I think it has made my saw a real precision machine . . . and ridiculously easy to use.

I also have a hard time imagining a saw the Incra fence wouldn't fit on. They seem to have thought of everything from a hardware standpoint to make installing it possible in almost any configuration. I'd also highly recommend you watch the videos on Incra's website . . . they sold me.

With it, I just completed my first cutting board using Mike Schwing's tutorial: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/2/ I can't imagine how you could do it without this fence system.

Good luck,
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schmitz View Post
    I recently bought a used Delta hybrid, and bought the Incra 1000SE miter gauge through Amazon. I love it, in fact I loved it enough to also buy the Incra TS fence. It almost cost what my saw did, $400 and $600 respectively, but I think it has made my saw a real precision machine . . . and ridiculously easy to use.

I also have a hard time imagining a saw the Incra fence wouldn't fit on. They seem to have thought of everything from a hardware standpoint to make installing it possible in almost any configuration. I'd also highly recommend you watch the videos on Incra's website . . . they sold me.

With it, I just completed my first cutting board using Mike Schwing's tutorial: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/2/ I can't imagine how you could do it without this fence system.

Good luck,
    Bill
    Checked out your link. Nice work on the Cutting Boards. I like the "perspective" on the first one.

I pulled the trigger on the Incra miter (it was a Buy Now on ebay) and went ahead and put a bid in on the Aluma Classic fence. Too bad I missed the extension wings from Peachtree - that's what happens when you think too long.

I'm thinking about taking a lot of photos as I refurb the old Craftsmand and post a thread on it when I'm done. Any interest?

Tablesaw

I've been seeing and hearing about a few very affordable Powermatic 66's and Unisaws. I have a Powermatic 66 from about 1995 and it is really nice. If someone could get this saw for under $1,000(not mine though!) I think it's a great deal. I suspect the old Unisaws are also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    I currently have a 20 year old Craftsman contractor saw. I only do hobby work but do build nice furniture type projects. I have been considering a new saw and think the Grizzly G0478 may be what I need. It's their hybrid, 2 HP cabinet saw.

I know I've come to the right place for opinions so let me know what you think. The price on it right now is $850 + $89 shipping and is at the upper limit of what I feel I can spend.