Thread: 22-580 sighting @ Lowes

Smile 22-580 sighting @ Lowes

Just wanted to let you know that I spotted two 22-580's at the Florissant, Missouri Lowes today, about noon. The display unit was not around. Both of the 580's are in boxes, no price tags anywhere. When I asked the price the tool man said $4xx. When I said they are no longer selling for $229, he went to the customer service computer and said yes they are $229.
    I did not see free video or blades on the boxes.
    Happy hunting.

Herb:

I just checked the web site for Lowe's under Delta Tools, Planers and they are not showing the 22-580 planer any longer. If you got one for that price, you are lucky. I was told by the tool manager here in Phoenix that they will not be getting any more in, all the display units are gone also. Not that I would ever purchase a display unit.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

Hi Don.

No I did not buy one.
    I am a tool junky and really thought about it for that price.
    My wife said you already have three planners now, what will you do with a fourth one. She is right. I have a 560, the Rigid (gray model) and the 580.
    Given the interest in this planner at this price, thought I would pass on the sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Selke
    Herb:

I just checked the web site for Lowe's under Delta Tools, Planers and they are not showing the 22-580 planer any longer. If you got one for that price, you are lucky. I was told by the tool manager here in Phoenix that they will not be getting any more in, all the display units are gone also. Not that I would ever purchase a display unit.
    Don,
    I keep looking at the Lowes around in Phoenix for one.. I already have the Makita and I am happy with it, but if I find one I will let you know via a PM
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood