Thread: Incra Mast-R-Lift or Incra PRL V-2

Incra Mast-R-Lift or Incra PRL V-2

I'm interested in the Incra versions of the Jessem Mast-R-Lift and the Woodpecker PRL V-2. I want to purchase one of these and equip it with a Milwaukee 5625-20 3-1/2 HP router. Anyone have any experience with these combinations? Any issues mounting this router in the Mast-R-Lift with the shim kit? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, since I'm not table-mounted-router or router lift savvy, please explain the breaking function on the PRL. Do you have to loosen the manual hex screw each time you lift the router above the table for a bit change and retighten after the router is lowered? Seems like the Mast-R-Lift breaking system is easier to use. At my experience level, the online manuals don't seem to be descriptive enough for these lifts.

Rumors around that the PRL V1 may be preferred over V2. I have it and the 5625 - no shims. Works perfectly.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    I have an Incra Jessum Mast-R-Lift... and I LOVE IT! Best thing since sliced bread....

I have a PC 7518 router in it, but unfortunately, your router is one that they don't have an adapter for... (They have adapters for other Milwaukees, but not yours.

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Router_Lift_Adaptors_p/adapters.htm

Can't recommend the Incra Jessum highly enough! (Also uses Incra's magnaplates)
    Last edited by Frank Trinkle; 06-27-2009 at 8:24 AM.
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Blog Entries
    I run a 5625 in the original PRL and love it. Massive lift and a perfect fit. Makes the 5625 look small: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...0&d=1218252183

The Incra version uses magnets to hold the rings in versus a twist-lock design on the Woodpecker. The PRL and Mast-r-lift have an automatic braking system (carriage lock) but no quick-lift feature. I use a $12 lithium screwdriver from Costco and a hex bit to raise and lower mine, works very well and is slow enough to not "get away" from you.

The PRL V2 has a manual carriage lock but has the quick-lift. Woodpecker and Incra support is top notch. JessEm gets pounded regularly for non-response to problems but, Incra may be able to act as a buffer there. At the end of my decision process I went with the original PRL. The cost is close enough to be meaningless so it comes down to features and your preferences.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 06-27-2009 at 10:30 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Jessum Mast-R-lift

The C/S at Jessum is almost non-existant. I called over 5 1/2 weeks ago Asking for the Brass Nut which lifts the router. Was told that it would be in the mail in 5-7 working days. At this point I have called twice and spoke with Laura(?) who said "We sent it I just don't understand" I am at the point of taking it to a mach. shop and have it duped. Look at some other options. Just my opinion.

I have Woodpecker PRL V-2 and Milwaukee 5625-20 3-1/2 HP router install just recently. Work well and very good combination on my opinion. But be aware - to install router you will need to remove a height adjustment system. It is easy job, took me only 5-7 min, but now router will stay under the table all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the original PRL the 5625 height adjustment stays on the router.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.