Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scroll Saw Image Convertion to Vector Issue

Red face

Thanks Tim,

The cut & paste worked, thanks. One more trick to make things work.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

I checked out Sue Mey's website and she does some wonderful work. I also downloaded a free pattern to try and browsed her offerings.

I reviewed her "Conditions of Use" and found that she limits resale to scroll saw or other woodworking tools. The terms do not allow the resale of a product based on her design if it was produced by computerized machinery.

You may create a finished product to sell using the pattern. This is restricted to products made on the scroll saw or with wood carving methods and excludes products made with computerized machinery.
    Steve Eide
    Versalaser 300 30 watt; Corel Draw X4; PhotoGrav 3

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eide View Post
    ...I reviewed her "Conditions of Use" and found that she limits resale to scroll saw or other woodworking tools. The terms do not allow the resale of a product based on her design if it was produced by computerized machinery.
    You are correct Steve. Most scroll saw designs are protect in this way. They're worried about their designs being massed produced. We have to respect the rights of these artists/designers.
    I'm careful about selling either my own designed products or those for which I have acquired rights to. If rights cannot be obtained, I may make a couple for either my own use or as personal gifts.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC