Thread: CV1800 Installation Help

CV1800 Installation Help

(I posted this at the CV forum but know many smart people at the creek have installed cyclones. I'm looking for some feedback on my proposed application.)

I'm planning to replace my Jet DC1100 with a CV1800. I'm in a garage shop so like many space is limited/valuable.

Here is my DC1100 with ceiling mounter motor/blower to save space and duct runs. This is the left bay of my 2-1/2 car attached garage. Notice the ducting and where the suction side of the blower attaches to the ducting. Plus the false wall with the peg board was installed to block a direct view of my tools from the street (it makes a nice work area too). One of my sons had the idea to run that ducting on the top of the wall then is goes down where I have a 4" hose. I use this port mostly for my TS - the location makes for an easy/convenient hook up.

This is another shot of the wall - note the 4" port at the bottom left.

Close up of transition at outside wall to false wall.

A view of my other ducting runs.

Other side of false wall.

Another view of outside view of false wall (note-I need to mend the drywall because last year I went from 4" to 6" piping).

Sorry for my poor sketchup skills but this is my proposal.

Outside view.

Note on the SU pics the black curved line is where I need a hose/duct to connect to my main line to the same point I use today.

Please be kind and give me feedback on the application.

Thanks,

Mike

My 16 year old son was looking at this tonight with me and figured a way to simplyfy the ducting. By swaping the position of the seperator and filters. Makes the mods easier and I think provides less restriction:

I would definately lose the "T" you have and try to "reduct" that area with a wye. That T is killing airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
    I would definately lose the "T" you have and try to "reduct" that area with a wye. That T is killing airflow.
    Thanks - yeh, looks like I need two wyes to do it right.