Thread: Family Reunion

Family Reunion

I did a search but didn't turn up anything. I need some ideas for items that folks putting together a family reunion might need. What have you sold for such an event?
    Al

40W MII W/Rotor
    Camaster Stinger III, Vectric Aspire
    Back up Vinyl cutter
    Roland 54" print/cut
    Laminator
    Strip heater
    Lasermaster 8.5, LXI Master Plus, Corel X4, Photograv, design shop pro
    Knight DC16, DK3 Mug Press, Hix HD400D, GX7000
    Embroidery
    Hot stamping

family tree

I would probably try and engrave a family tree on a nice piece of wood
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Do a Google search of this site & you'll find a couple threads as well as Corel files for this topic.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I've done coasters and bookmarks.

Bruce

I recently made a US map, with the family member's names listed underneath. Each name is in order from oldest to youngest, with numbers (so they know who is "senior" on down the line).

Then, on the map, there is a corresponding number on the spot where they live. If they have kids living at home, their numbers are in parenthesis with an arrow pointing to the parents.

There were 80 or so people listed, so it was pretty full!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Sounds like a neet idea Dee. This lady told me that she had 1200 registered to attend this reunion. They get serious about their reunions LOL. They go way back.
    Al

40W MII W/Rotor
    Camaster Stinger III, Vectric Aspire
    Back up Vinyl cutter
    Roland 54" print/cut
    Laminator
    Strip heater
    Lasermaster 8.5, LXI Master Plus, Corel X4, Photograv, design shop pro
    Knight DC16, DK3 Mug Press, Hix HD400D, GX7000
    Embroidery
    Hot stamping

1200! Holy moly! I think you need to make small pins, shaped like a branch, with their last name on it for each section of the family. Maybe a small trunk with a branch, so you can put the main family name on the trunk. That should help with shmoozing... or lost kids!

I have also made some glowboard/nightlights for a family reunion, but there were only about 10 people there. Big hit, though.

How about a photo album, with the main family name on the front and date of the reunion? There are bound to be zillions of pix.

Along the same lines, a CD holder - I got some really nice wooden ones. A lot of people are putting their pix on CDs directly from their cameras, and making DVDs of older relatives telling stories too. Similar to wedding albums.

good luck! dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong