Thread: Accidental excessively long quotes

Red face Accidental excessively long quotes

Aaron, in situations where we accidentally hit the "quote" button instead of the "quick reply" button, is there a message or popup that you could display that would remind us that we are quoting "n" many lines and do we REALLY want to be repeating all that information in our quick post? For instance, (and I don't want to offend Boyd or anyone else - but's it's the best example I have right now), see http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...3316#post93316. In an already long thread, is just kind of clutters things up, especially since several references to pictures are present.

Thanks!! Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch
    Aaron, in situations where we accidentally hit the "quote" button instead of the "quick reply" button, is there a message or popup that you could display that would remind us that we are quoting "n" many lines and do we REALLY want to be repeating all that information in our quick post? For instance, (and I don't want to offend Boyd or anyone else - but's it's the best example I have right now), see http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...3316#post93316. In an already long thread, is just kind of clutters things up, especially since several references to pictures are present.

Thanks!! Todd
    Todd,
    Your right I hate when people do that!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    I try to edit out as many as I have time for - some times it is overwhelming.

Todd, there is no reason to quote the entire reply. Once you have it "quoted" just mark and delete the part that does not apply to your response. Put your cursor at the beginning of the part you want to exclude, hold down your left mouse button and drag it down to where you want to stop, the hit the delete button on your keyboard. (But you probably knew that already.)

I would favor any of the Admins just deleting any post with quotes over 6 lines
    Best Regards, Ken