Thread: Tool Gloat...Grizzley Bandsaw

Tool Gloat...Grizzley Bandsaw

Well, after thinking about it for a while, I pulled the trigger and ordered a new bandsaw.

I am limited in my one car garage shop for space and power. I can't get 220v without upsetting the LOML. In order to run power from the box, unsightly tubing will have to be run around the two car garage, in over the entrance to the kitchen and to my one car garage.

So needles to say, that is not an option right now.

The G0555X seemed the best upgrade from my Ridgid. Now don't get me wrong, that was a great first bandsaw. But I do more resawing and wanted more capacity. So I ordered it with the riser.

It came very well packaged. No damage at all. Installation was very easy. I did take note of the warnings on the Creek about installing the riser. As long as you slide the new longer blade guide rod into the holder from above as you slide the old one out, piece of cake!

Wow, what a difference. I thought my old saw was pretty good. But the new one is definitely superior. No vibration. Plenty of power. And space to resaw larger boards.

For the price, this is a great saw. If you have the power available, then get the 17". But if you are limited in space and to 110v, then I highly recommend this saw. I will definitely keep Grizzley in mind for future shop purchases.

very nice. lets see some nice resawing now!
    fledgling weekend warrior

Congrats Tim!! Question, do you use your tools to barricade the door to the shop so your wife can't get in?? Good way to keep her from finding out how much you have REALLY spent on tools!

Congrats Tim! May it serve you well.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Same saw

I have had the same saw for about a year and it has done everything asked of it. With the riser and the mobile base, I couldn't ask for more of a 14" saw.

That door is from the attached one car garage to the steps of the double glass doors to the dining room. As you can see, no one uses it.

So yes, that way she can't sneak in on me!

That is a good looking saw, that is the one I was going to order and then got a really good deal on a Jet.

The one thing that I don't understand about that saw is it has a closed base but the motor is on the outside, don't know why they did that.

Congrats and enjoy!

I got my G0555 about two years ago and I'm very satisfied with it. Right now I'm building an all wood geared clock and the saw is great for the fine detail cutting involved. Resawed a board a little over 8" wide and had a variance in width of less than .010" measured with calipers. Want to get a Timberwolf blade sometime and see what it does

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    The one thing that I don't understand about that saw is it has a closed base but the motor is on the outside, don't know why they did that.
    That's a good question, Bill, and one that I never thought about before. I have this saw and really like it.

I haven't found any disadvantages with the motor being on the outside of the enclosed base. The noticeable advantage is that that all of the enclosed base is usable storage space. Though the photos in this post don't show it, there's a hinged door on the back side of the enclosed base for easy access.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"