Thread: Sanding

Sanding

I hate sanding to start with, usually use only a plane and a scraper, but when its necessary, I built a downdraft sanding table today.
    I finished making repairs to an old fold up highchair last night for a friend,, what a nightmare, someone had tried resin glue and nails and all the screw holes needed repaired, almost gave up twice, but I am getting 3 slicks as payment from my friends dad''s tools. he passed not to long ago.

Last edited by harry strasil; 07-07-2009 at 7:32 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

looks like a pretty nice sanding table.....have you used it yet...does it work good
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

No, haven't used it yet, my puter was sick after an auto update, so I have always wanted to do something about the dust for what little sanding I do. So while the IT was operating on my sick puter, I whipped that up from some of the mainly useless pieces of the latest salvaged lumber from the monument works and a scrap of pegboard I had. The plywood is salvage too, so I plan on putting a coat of varnish on it to make the sawdust slide better. And I cut the hose hole a bit too big, Duh didn't check it with a scrap first, DAA (dumb a-- attack) on my part, and the temp tape is not a solution.
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

let us know how it works when you get time
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Works great, there wasn't even any dust that collected on the surfaces between the holes.
    Jr.

Nice, Harry. Question: Where's yr dust port?

At the bottom of the V, the second picture shows the inside with the top removed, the 2½ dust port at the top doesn't show up very good.
    Jr.