Thread: G0691 initial impression and fence questions

G0691 initial impression and fence questions

I've assembled my new G0691 tablesaw and had to adjust the fence which was easy enough, but I have dumb questions.

Two set screws on the back adjust alignment. Two set screws on top with knurled locking knobs adjust vertical square.

There are two set screws on the front with knurled lock knobs. What are these two set screws supposed to accomplish ?

Why not have knurled lock knobs on the rear set screws where the fence alignment is adjusted. Those seem easy to vibrate and move over time ?

The cast iron top is a little rough compared to more expensive saws. Lint from a polishing rag will "catch". I ran some sand paper over it. The wings are beveled. The main table is not (at least not as much).

The blade change wrenches are regular open end wrenches (no holes), so can't readily hang them. I'll have to figure out where to stash them.

Assembly was straightforward and Grizzly includes needed tools. I like the location of the dust collectio port.

The saw runs smooth and cuts great. A big impreovement over my contractor saw.

Pics will show up eventually.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie McGuire View Post
    I've assembled my new G0691 tablesaw and had to adjust the fence which was easy enough, but I have dumb questions.

Two set screws on the back adjust alignment. Two set screws on top with knurled locking knobs adjust vertical square.

There are two set screws on the front with knurled lock knobs. What are these two set screws supposed to accomplish ?
    Charlie
    The idea with the screws on the front is that they will keep the fence parallel with the blade when the locking lever is up. You are supposed to reach a compromise between the screws being tight enough to hold the fence straight and loose enough that the fence slides easily along the rails. I found that mine works very well. Once I played with it for a while, I was able to lock, unlock and move the fence smoothly with the fence staying parallel in any position, locked or not.

Thanks for the explanation John. The assembly manual didn't say anything about what to do with the front screws - makes sense.

Charlie