Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making your own 12" disc sander

Thanks, Dave. I did some research and found them. But I couldn't find the price. Your link was perfect.

The reason I asked about steel VS aluminum is that I have found both on Ebay, and wondered what others thought. Have you tried both, or just the steel? Thanks.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Only 30 hp????

Building a portable tabletop model huh??

Steel/aluminum? Depends on the disc. Plate steel is good. Cast aluminum is good. Which is cheaper for you? Which one will fit that 30HP arbor??????
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 07-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I did some research and found them. But I couldn't find the price. Your link was perfect.

The reason I asked about steel VS aluminum is that I have found both on Ebay, and wondered what others thought. Have you tried both, or just the steel? Thanks.
    I just have the steel. I think the aluminum was an older style. My SS is from 1989. Thats new in Shopsmith years.
    If you sign up for e-mail offers they run killer deals often. Or you can check out the deals at the link top of page here.
    http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/index.htm
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale