Thread: New Dust collection

New Dust collection

Well, I think that the time is here. I have gotten the approval from the wife to go ahead and order a dust collector. I think that I am going with the Penn State 2.5HP Tempest Cyclone. I think that for the price I think that it is going to be the best thing for me. I have a 24x30ft shop and I am going to need something that can handle the longer runs. I also have the 10ft ceilings so it needs to be strong enough to handle the long drops as well. I think that this 2.5HP unit is going to fit the bill nicely. I have done some talking with the folks at Penn State and they seem to think that I should be able to get about 1000cfm at the tools with this machine. Another thing that I really like about this machine is the two .5 micron filters that come with it. They said that it will pull enough air, when you leave a few blast gates open, that you might not even need a secondary air cleaner. We will see what happens. Right now anything will be better than what I have, which is nothing.

Chuck

Chuck, I have an Oneida cyclone and couldn't be happier.

It's amazing how clean the shop is, and I also often run with an extra gate open to clean the shop air.

The worst machine was my tablesaw, a General 650, then I added an Excalibur overarm guard, what a difference. Now when I cut sheet goods I don't have sawdust all over myself and the shop.

It's worth spending time investigating how to collect dust from the machines, some need modifying.

Enjoy your new cyclone........Regards, Rod.

I got the Oneida 3hp this spring spent a lot of time hooking up and modifying each machine to get it right. I can not begin to tell you how much cleaner my shop is it is really amazing.
    Thank You
    Ed

I just built my own Bill Pentz design like the cv1800 max. I leave one blastgate open in one 6" run and use the other for whatevr machine I'm working on. Even on my table saw I get very very little dust on top of the plywood when I cut since I converted it to 6" duct.