Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dust Collector Up and Running!

Dust Collector Up and Running!

I finally completed the installation of the Grizzly G0548Z 2hp Dust Collector. It was quit a chore. I ran all the ducts as you saw before and I now have the Twin Trashcan Cyclone Separator. Everything seems to be working like a charm and I am very happy with the outcome.
    Dust Collector next to Twin Trashcan Separator

New Dust Collector!

Inlet Ports with Blast gates for Router and Radial Arm Saw!

Twin Trash Can Separator!
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Nice looking set up.

Ok, I gotta ask: Is that an AAV on your ejector pump? Is that code where you are?!

pardon my ignorance, but why do you use two trash cans?

Your ignorance is pardoned and I am using 6" SDR35 in it and it took up a lot of room in the single trash can so I elected to cut the bottom out of the top one and add the lower one to catch the dust.

Shawn I don't suppose it is code here but it was making a lot of noise so I tried this one to see how it would do. Doesn't make much difference so when I get a chance I am changing it back to the other one. Keeps me busy and keeps you guys on your toes. My Mother-in-law didn't like the noise of it shutting off with a big bang. Didn't bother me at all but then again I sleep at the other end of the house. It took some getting used to. I think they got the pipes to close to the floor joists.

(Sorry to take this off topic): I wasn't talking about the check valve. I was talking about the vent. Looks like it's just capped with a instead of going out thru the bldg...

Beats me Shawn that is the way mine my brothers and the neighbors were done and it passed inspection.

Storm water drains are not normally vented.

Nice looking dust collection system Gary.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Am I the only one not seeing any pictures?

Blog Entries
    Nice!

Let's see. About $400 for the Grizzly and about $500 in PVC and fittings, right?

Unless you have a 'guy'.

My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

I am a bit confused here. Why the 6" pipe until the tool drops, then neck down to 4"? Is there an advantage I don't know about doing that?
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    I am a bit confused here. Why the 6" pipe until the tool drops, then neck down to 4"? Is there an advantage I don't know about doing that?
    It's all about air flow. Using 6" and then branch to 4" is the correct way to do it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

12. Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    It's all about air flow. Using 6" and then branch to 4" is the correct way to do it.
    your definitely right about the air flow. Thats why when I set up my cyclone all off my equipment was converted to 6" pickups. The difference is night and day.

How far do each of the tubes reach into the separator? Is there any baffle inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff Smith View Post
    Am I the only one not seeing any pictures?
    If you look at the page source, you can see his pictures are actually links to photobucket. Your network is probably blocking that site, I know my network at work does. Images actually uploaded to the creek view for me just fine.

Okay so I get the airflow thing with 6" pipe, but don't you need a 6" inlet to allow for that airflow? Or at least 6" through the blast gate and then reduce down?

It just seems like your restriction is going to be your inlet, or would that end up with some sort of venturi effect?
    Trying to follow the example of the master...