Thread: USA Made Wood Gift boxes?

USA Made Wood Gift boxes?

Anyone know where i can find some USA made wooden gift boxes? Need various sizes (example 5" X 5" X 2"). Need a steady source. I have seen the cheap ones from Don Mechanic (China made). I would rather pay more for a nice USA line

Check the "General Woodworking Forum". Maybe someone there makes what you need.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Colorado Heirlooms has some top of the line boxes. But what I do is use Lee's box macro and make my own.

Anthony
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Thanks Dee. I just posted a request in that section.

Anthony, what is: Lee's box macro ??

wood boxes

Joe
    to what degree do you want these wood boxes
    you want them cut out, assembled, and finished?
    what type of lid do you want?
    this project may be interesting.
    Ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Joe, you posted in the Woodcarving Forum - you might get more responses from the General Woodworking Forum.

Also, here is Lee DeRaud's Corel macro: http://www.shaddysengraving.com/lase...fingerbox.html
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks Dee. I just reposted it in the correct area.

Kenneth, I want them assembled unfinished. I would like some with wood lids and some with acrylic. Im open on that though

Joe

Please pm me with what you are looking for, I am in the process of developing a wood box line, all made in the USA.

Thanks

Paul

I am pretty good at making solid wood hollow boxes on my machine. I bet I have made 400 or so. a bit of a waste of wood but it saves quite a bit of time making them.
    what kinds of wood are you looking at? show me what your after. here are a few I have done.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-19-2009 at 6:37 AM. Reason: removed links
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Steve, here is a type of what i am looking for but i think your method will prob time consuming and expensive.

my method is really fast and since there is no glueup it can really save the time. though you loose some of the cost to using more wood. it would take 3 minutes to hollow the box. more time to machine the wood to size and put the hinge on. but figure about 2.00 in wood depending on what is used. so maybe 10.00 each. more then imported but that's pretty low. may get it lower depending on how fast I can churn them out.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Steve, thanks for your input. Im not one of those people who wastes a persons time. I would like to find someone that makes them in the traditional way in a decent qty. I will look that way first. If no luck we can talk further. At that point it would prob be worth seeing detailed pictures of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve knight View Post
    my method is really fast and since there is no glueup it can really save the time. though you loose some of the cost to using more wood. it would take 3 minutes to hollow the box. more time to machine the wood to size and put the hinge on. but figure about 2.00 in wood depending on what is used. so maybe 10.00 each. more then imported but that's pretty low. may get it lower depending on how fast I can churn them out.
    Hi Steve

I would be interested in some sample pictures also.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting