Thread: Interesting featherboard

Interesting featherboard

The product description of the Ridgid Magswitch featherboard:

Holds wood securely against the fence or table surface. Feed material on either left or right sides of the blade on a cast iron table with no miter slot limitations. Switchable magnets turn on and off with a simple half turn locking featherboard precisely where you want it. To use with Table Saws, Band Saws, Jointers, Drill Presses, or any tool with a cast iron table

• Holds wood securely against the fence or table surface
    • 4 bits to work with glass and tile
    • Carbide tipped for longer life
    • 350 Max RPM
    • MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
    • MFG Model # : AC1001
    • MFG Part # : AC1001

Always wanted a carbide tipped featherboard that runs at 350 RPM . Gotta' go git me one!

Blog Entries
    Hilarious! I just couldn't think of a funny comment to go with it.

LOL. I think I just peed myself. I have a mental image of using one on the drill press and actually achieving that 350rpm! Wouldn't be the first DP hold down I got to spin that fast. Is there a HP rating on that featherboard?

Uh, thass' not the only one. Howzabout a Milwaukee 2 1/4" (yes, inch) router with a flashlight-Makita at that, impact driver, and tool less reciprocating saw blade changes?

The LXT407 combo kit is a great way to get into the 18V Makita LXT lithium-ion family of cordless power tools. The impact driver, hammer driver-drill, and reciprocal saw cover most of your drilling, driving, and fastening needs. Finally, the flashlight with adjustable head and Xenon bulb is handy for poorly lit work areas. Makita's 18V LXT lithium-ion battery and charger system offer 2X more work and one of the fastest charge times in the industry: 30 minutes! The four tools, two batteries and charger fit into a sturdy Makita bag.

• 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill has a new 4-pole motor for 450 in. lbs. of torque & weighs only 3.9 lbs.
    • Impact Driver is 40% more compact, 1,280 in. lbs. of torque with 0-3,200 IPM and weighs 3.3 lbs .
    • Reciprocating Saw with tool-less blade changes & shoe adjustments, skyhook and 8.1 lbs.
    • 4-Position Flashlight with Xenon bulbs runs 4.3 hrs.
    • Quick release motorallows adds the convenience of pop & drop quick base changes,passing motor between bases
    • MFG Brand Name : Milwaukee
    • MFG Model # : 5616-24
    • MFG Part # : 5616-24

I understand a writer that has no concept of what it is that they write about, but doesn't anybody proofread this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Willard View Post
    I understand a writer that has no concept of what it is that they write about, but doesn't anybody proofread this stuff?
    that assumes there's someone who understands what they're proofreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Is there a HP rating on that featherboard?
    I just ran over and picked one up. No place to plug one in. No place for batteries. No place to put gas in. If it actually hits 350, they gots some cool-man technology engineered into thissun. I think they just cured glowball wormening-and saved the economy .

Jeff, just one question:

"Reciprocating Saw with tool-less blade changes & shoe adjustments, skyhook and 8.1 lbs."

What do I attach the "skyhook" to?

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    that assumes there's someone who understands what they're proofreading.
    Yeah, obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over there. I just went in and bought one, even though the website stated that it was only available online, and not in my local store. Saw them prominently displayed in three places in the tool dept. Saw two other items in the store that were available "online only", also.

Beware!!!

Make SURE your fence is rated at 350 RPM or higher. Maybe it's part of the missing WMDs.

A

I thought we had a rule around here....No Pictures, Didn't Happen!!
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Jeff, just one question:

"Reciprocating Saw with tool-less blade changes & shoe adjustments, skyhook and 8.1 lbs."

Brian
    Dang. I dunno'. The sky? Maybe best ask them.

Picture...

I had a 3,500 RPM featherboard once on a table saw, scared the daylights out of me.

That was the last time I used an FA clamp instead of a proper C clamp.

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Jeff, just one question:

"Reciprocating Saw with tool-less blade changes & shoe adjustments, sky-hook and 8.1 lbs."

Brian
    On a serious note, i actually picked up one of those 24V LI makita recipro saws at my local tool vendor, and wondered about that "sky hook" You certainly can't hook it on your pants or tool bag unless you use 1/2" steel cable for suspenders, cause that thing is HEAVY! It might work on a Class IIIA ladder, but first you have to climb it. I'd rather go up a ladder with a cord any day than carry that brick. I didn't realize that Milwaukee made the makita's now though.

Sky hook

Originally Posted by Brian Kent
    Jeff, just one question:
    "Reciprocating Saw with tool-less blade changes & shoe adjustments, sky-hook and 8.1 lbs."
    Brian

Isn't it obvious!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Kincaid; 07-29-2009 at 9:29 AM. Reason: funnier joak