Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: #4 or #4 1/2

Marcou Planes

Quote Originally Posted by David Keller NC View Post
    Fred - in an earlier post you noted that you regarded Marcou, Konrad Sauer and Holtey as high-end sports cars. What I'll note is that a Holtey infill will cost you approximately 3-4 times what a Konrad Sauer of the same design and size will cost, and perhaps as much as 6 times as much as one of Phillips. And about 10 times as much as one you didn't mention - Ron Brese. You also have the option of Wayne Anderson, who does something a little different. His infills aren't a close reproduction of any one particular historic brand (such as Spiers or Norris).

One other thing to realize is that Philip generally makes a different design than Holtey, Sauer, Anderson, Brese - his are bevel-up, non-infill planes. Anyway, if knowing that you'll be spending 1/6th as much as a Holtey for one of Philip's planes provides an excuse, you're welcome.
    David,

I really like your logic and other than my dogs I have no SWMBO that might think the money could be better suited for something foolish such as jewlery, trips shoes or other completely non-essential items.

I am very much hoping to meet Ron Brese at the upcoming Woodworking in America show in October. I am also hoping to have used enough "extra" money to purchase a Marcou and so not be as tempted by Ron's planes. Not too mention Sauer & Steiner and Clark & Williams.

Fred

Mr. Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by jerry nazard View Post
    Thanks, Fred! Here's a recent shot of Mr. Banjo watching me cook dinner:
    Jerry,

Mr. Banjo is not only a very handsome dog but he has a great name. What breed is he and how old? Does he spend time in your shop with you. My two big ones love the shop and my only issue with them is tripping over them.

Fred

Fred,

Banjo is a 2 year old border collie mix. He, as was his predecessor (also a border mix), are not allowed in the shop. I can very easily just trip over myself, thank you....!

-Jerry

Banjo

Fred,

Banjo is a 2 year old border collie mix. He, as was his predecessor (also a border mix), are not allowed in the shop. I can very easily just trip over myself, thank you....!

-Jerry
    Jerry,

We used to have a border collie when I was very, very young and he was wonderful. As far as tripping over the dogs, I have so much else to trip over I know see it all as a challenge. However, having moved further and further to hand tools the risks of tripping and having the resulting injuries has very much diminished.

Fred

I attach pictures of "a poor man's dogs".
    You can see that the white one is keen on cooking whilst the dark one is , well, a lazy loafer -he only gets excited when hunting rabbits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my mutt gives me those same loving eyes while i cook it a cat for dinner

My Three Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post
    my mutt gives me those same loving eyes while i cook it a cat for dinner
    Phil,

My three dogs might not eat the cat but they would sure chase it all over the house. As much fun as that sounds we are speaking about 305 pounds worth of dogs. My guess is that sheerly by accident the house would be totaled.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by philip marcou View Post
    I attach pictures of "a poor man's dogs".
    You can see that the white one is keen on cooking whilst the dark one is , well, a lazy loafer -he only gets excited when hunting rabbits.
    Philip,

Rabbits! I have a back yard teeming with rabbits and both the dog and cat just sit around and watch them. No rabbit stew for me.

Your cats are quite handsome animals - is the white one a full-time chef?

-Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gerry,
    " is the white one a full-time chef?"
    I think it would prefer to be a full time nanny- it is hard to get away from her as she follows me everywhere. Several times had to turn back to unload one cat from my car....