Thread: Help: DeWalt Jig saw won't hold blade

Unhappy Help: DeWalt Jig saw won't hold blade

Hi All,

My DW933 will not hold a blade. This is the 18v cordless model. Any ideas on how to fix it other than buying a new one. (Not in the budget)

Thanks in advance,
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

I fixed my corded model that was having the same problem after I loaned it to a friend a few months back. I think the cordless looks has the same or a very similar clutch assembly for the blade holder as mine does. After downloading an exploded parts diagram online, getting it apart was easy enough, and figuring out what was wrong was fairly simple also. In my case a plastic piece on the clutch had slipped past it's holding clip due to someone overtightening it. I remember that getting it back together was a little tricky, but I don't remember enough to be able to give you any tips or tricks for that. Good luck!

3. Had this happen numerous time with my DeWalt. Sent it back to DeWalt service center. They didn't fix it. The blade fell out one too many times one day so I fixed it with my hammer. Now I have a Bosch 1590. Much better machine. Lawrence in SC

ROTFL!!!!

Thanks Lawrence I needed that. My corded saw is a Bosch and I agree it is a FAR superior machine;however, I think I will try Jason's solution. If that fails put it on ebay.

Thank guys,
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery