Thread: Jet Wide Belt Sander

Jet Wide Belt Sander

I am working on setting up my jet wide belt sander and have no manual or place to get parts. All suggestions appreciated.

I suggest you provide us with more information

What model?

Jet doesn't make a wide belt sander so I'm very curious. Did you mean drum sander?
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

I am almost sure you can find the manual in PDF format at the Jet site You will need the model number to do the search
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Well there ya go .. I sit corrected. Looks like they got out of the business - but maybe you can find the manual here:

http://woodworking.jettools.com/Parts.aspx

Your model number might turn up some results.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Thank You all. My model number JWP-25P does not bring up any results on the Jet site.

Is it one of these?
    http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/Results.aspx?cat=3368625

You might want to contact Jet directly.

No Matt, the JWB-25 is a 25inch enclosed head sander with power table lift. My sander is the blue-green color but the newer ones are white.

Manual

Brian ,
    I bought a used jwb 37p wide belt sander it looks like yours ,probably a late 80's I contacted jet parts on the telephone talked to a very nice woman who was able to e-mail me a pdf of the manual for my machine . I am sure they can do the same for you . You should have a placard on your machine with the serial and stock number ,beware the manual is in broken english and hard to read , and alot of the part numbers are changed ,but can be crossed referenced fairly easy . I have bought a few parts from a company in epping New Hampshire called Brentwood machinery >they are very helpful and knowledgable . Hope this helps Shane

Jet wide belt sander

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brightwell View Post
    I am working on setting up my jet wide belt sander and have no manual or place to get parts. All suggestions appreciated.
    Brian, I have a 25 inch Jet and I will be glad to send you a copy of the manual, however, it is written by a non English-speaking person and is barely adequate. They must not have read their own manual or they would have done something about it.
    Farrell Eaves
    Signal Mtn., TN
    423-886-5045