Thread: Festool Plugit Receptacle with tail

Festool Plugit Receptacle with tail

My Porter Cable 557 Plate Joiner fits the Festool vacuum hose and the combination makes joining with biscuits quite pleasant. Is the Festool socket housing available on a pigtail where I could replace my current PC cord and plug directly into the plugit system?
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Looks like they sell (sold?) the part in Europe but possibly not US. Not worth the trouble.

Called the 491145 Festool Plugit Conversion it.
    Umbausatz plug it
    UBS-PUR 360 plug it 240 V
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

I've ordered these from ebay or Amazon.co.uk successfully - and if you've bought into the Festool system I think it is worth it...

I guess I don't understand why you don't just plug the biscuiter into the vac? I do it with all kinds of tools, and it works without issue. Except maybe the existing tool cord is too short?

Peter, actually that is what I do. But my vacuum hose has the cord embedded in the sleeve and it would be super easy just to connect it just as I would a sander. Since I only use the 557 with the Festool vacuum, it would make sense to "make it a Festool" so to speak.

So, you have an auxiliary sleeve over the electrical cord AND the vac hose? I just didnt put two and two together, as the only tools I saw like that were their air driven sanders. Now I remember they offer a sleeve separate.

Update: bought the cord from some US source on Ebay and it arrived a few days later. Installed this morning and it took all of five minutes. Looks like an improvement. Works as expected turns on the vacuum when switch is depressed. Note, easier to plugin with the pigtail than the housing mounted receptacle. It would have been preferred to have a shorter pigtail cord, but the way Festool manufactures didn't lent itself to shortening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice solution, Bill. That worked out well!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...