Thread: valspar enviro +

valspar enviro +

Looking for a sprayable topcoat for cherry cabinets I'm starting now. I know target coatings has a good reputation, but has anyone have experience with enviro + wb "lacquer"? I can get it locally which is easier. I'm also looking for a red (?garnet) shellac as a seal coat, what local suppliers would sell this? I'm not terribly close to any rockler/woodcraft stores.
    thanks.
    Tim

Hi Tim,

I am just about ready to start my kitchen as well, and went through the same thing with finishes as you.

I decided on General Finishes. I just finished a bath vanity and used
    General Finishes on it. I used their oil base stain, and their water base Enduro Pre-Cat sanding sealer, and Enduro Pre-Cat Urethane with a cross linker added. I used an Accuspray HVLP spray gun. The finish was easy to spray and turned out great off the gun.

I first tried their water base stain and did not like it at all. Then went to their oil base stain and it was great. The water base pre-cat can be sprayed over the oil base. The oil base stain just has to be good and dry. You don't need the shellac seal coat.

I also looked at Targed Coatings. However, I did not want to order it. You can get General Finishes locally. You can check out generalfinishes.com to find out where you can get it.

Also, on another one or your posts regarding the clearance between your stove and cabinet, check the stove owner manual for their recommendations/requirements.

I hope this helps, it took me a long time to figure out what to use...

Sam
    Last edited by Sam Layton; 08-14-2009 at 2:57 AM.