Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

3 Aug 2009

Good Morning,
    I don't know about many of you but we've just experienced the coolest temps and the most rain in the month of July that I can ever remember!! I loved the month of July...60's in the mornings and ranged from 70's to upper 80's during the day with only a few days getting into the low 90's. Wonderful days!!!!

Progress is being made on the cup cake stands/wedding gift. I got my veneer in and the lady decided that she wanted some birds-eye maple veneer on the round platter part of the stands. Luckily, I had some given to me several years ago and now I'm flattening a few pieces to use. I have this week and next week to get this done as well as keep up with the day job and try to get a busted lawn mower fixed so my yard doesn't turn into a total hay field.

I did find out that my vacuum press is perfect for make wavy veneer nice and flat and today I get to put in the last 2 pieces of veneer to make it flat while I finish up the last several details on the 2 stands.

I'd like to thank Mark Cothren and Joe Meazle for coming to my rescue on wood that I needed to get this under control and for providing me some wood when I made a wrong calculation and mis-cut the wood I had on hand. Thanks guys!!!

Well, that's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend??

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Morning Dennis.

We also had the coolest July on record for Wisconsin. Beat the old mark by several degrees. The only thing we lacked was rain. I agree, I enjoyed the cool evenings and low to mid 70's for highs.

Well, I finally got it done.
    IMG_1681.jpg

Yep, finally finished the dust collection to my RAS & CMS on Saturday. The RAS dust collection works better than I expected, while the CMS side will need some tweaking. That will happen as I use it more and determine how to get it to suck up more of the saw dust.

I rewarded myself with golf on Sunday and then settled in to watch the race from Pocono [rained out, will watch it today] and the Buick Open from Michigan.

All in all a good weekend.

Hope ya'll's week is good and productive.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

We had a big surprise BD party for my mom at our house on Saturday and had company from Friday evening until this morning. Talked a lot about the kitchen project and that's it.

I spent yesterday cleaning out the garage/shop. I am going to work on some built-in bookcases for the spare bedroom this fall, and need to get things arranged.

As nice as the temps have been outside, it was hot and humid in that garage.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

I put in several hours of cleaning, vacuuming, and sweeping. What fun!

I started cleaning the shop after beeing inspired by John Keetons shop pics but I went in the house to take a break and while catching up on SMC I got inspired by Ed Salee and went out and started making a box and not the shop looks worse than it did to start with...oh well maybe another day the shop will get clean
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

turned a bowl on Sunday, that was fun
    Vortex! What Vortex?

I fixed a hole in my parents basement stair landing and bush hogged their land for them

This weekend, I managed to survive my older daughter's 14th birthday, complete with setting up her new iPod Touch with parental controls. Also had a great ride on Elvis and survived a gonzo storm on Sunday that had an unbelievable amount of water fall from the sky in a very short period of time. I had a couple water-falls on my property!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...