Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPhone Woodworking Apps

I just participated in a market research focus group last month. The company that sponsored the research remained anonymous, but they are actively developing a cell phone card/chip that will:

1) serve as cash (debit directly from your checking account)
    2) serve as credit (tie in to your CC account)
    3) tie in to all your frequent shopper accounts (e.g. grocery, barnes & noble, gas)
    4) allow you to transfer funds person to person, cell phone to cell phone
    5) allow for ticketless travel

etc.

The tech for this, apparently, is already in place. Purpose of focus group was to determine which features are most important to end-users and how much (if any) customers would be willing to pay for those services.

I'd guess it's coming soon...

Cool..thanks!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

There is one in development right now called "iThink". It is intended to supplement the most important woodworking tool of all... I think....
    David DeCristoforo

There's an app for the iPhone/iphone Touch that allows you to run a ShopBot CNC router. It sends wireless comands to your computer connected to the ShopBot.

"Less is more." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Blog Entries

Smile Try inchcalc

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Koenig View Post
    For 3] http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...316961758&mt=8

Not necessarily an endorsement as I haven't tried it yet. But, there's an app for that.

Kris
    Try searching the AppStore for Inchcalc. It's a nice construction calculator with feet, inches and fractions calculations along with pitch, etc
    It's not free but the pro version does everything an expensive
    construction calculator does for $6 if I remember correctly.

This is sent from my Ipod touch - it's a poor location here for anything

Blog Entries

Wood ID application

ID Wood $2.99 shows pictures and details of about 65 different woods. Handy for planning a project while riding the train...

There are lots of good apps out there for either the Iphone or a android phone. Most if not all apps are out in either format. I currently have a Iphone and I am not a real big fan of the phone, I do like my Ipad and my Itouch but not the phone to much. I am trading it in for the G4 that will be available next week. The only advance for the iphone that I have seen is how easy it will synch with your music and contacts but other than than the are better phones out now than the Iphone, IMHO.

Prepare for the zombie apocalypse! The dead are rising!

woodworkercalc

It is a fractional calculator that tracks the error in calculations do to round of of fractions. This round off can screw
    up repetitive layouts like spindles on a headboard.

I like Woodmaster. Also have and use occasionally ID Wood, Woodoworkers Dictionary, TWW and Wood Forum

Had an iphone for several. Hated it. Even with good bars, the reception was poorer than I thought it should be. Plus, parts of the vaunted user interface just didnt suit me. I went to an android. But Im definitely in the minority. Most people LOVE their iphones.